Saturday, October 30, 2010

In the University. UST.


First of all, I did not imagine myself entering UST in college. It’s just far from my father’s view for me to be in DLSU (since grade school). However, there’s no turning back. Not that I am now in my almost last year inside the university as an undergraduate.


I am a student of Medical Technology under the Faculty of Pharmacy. It’s a course where you have to study a lot of Chemistry and when I say a lot, it’s a lot. It’s crazy. I have been struggling my Chemistry ever since and I’m so happy not because I get good grades but I’m passing the course. Don’t ask further. :D


Well, UST right? So leave the Chemistry alone. The University of Santo Tomas caters not only quality education but it is also a place where you can just look around and be with future professionals, leaders. A good place to be.


It’s a place where everybody is in different uniforms (just like in real life). White for the Science-related courses, corporate for the Businesses, etc. PS: There are even uniforms which I cannot explain.


The University can sometimes be mistaken as a park or a church. A lot more as a church. That is not actually a church. Yes, there’s a church inside the university but that cross that you can see in the picture below is the Main Building. It’s where Civil law, Science (Physics, Psychology, Biology etc.) and Pharmacy (Including Med Tech and Bio Chem) held its classes.


There a also a lot of events that UST celebrate. We have the annual Welcome Walk in which we welcome new students in the university. The celebration is literally a walk around the university and passing the Arch of Centuries.

Here, take a look at the Arch. (It is believed that you are not supposed to enter/exit that Arch in between the course of your study or else you will be sent out of the university)


At night of that celebration, we have a Thomasian welcome party concert that usually starts with a Mass and ends with music.




We also have an annual Paskuhan that marks the start of Christmas holiday. What to expect during Paskuhan? Raffles and Fireworks. I don’t know but it’s really fun hanging around with thousands and thousands of Thomasians in the field. (We really don’t care what’s going on at the stage, we just talk to the people we are with.) Here’s a glimpse!


I don’t know why I thought of it (UST) to be my first story or maybe my mind is telling me something eh? I don’t know if it helped you know UST more or if it convinced you to study there but I hope so..

I have any things to share about UST but unless you are there you might not understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment